Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Chemical Imbalance Fraud

As I recall growing up in high school, I remember numerous times the topic of depression and teenage angst would arise. As I got older and older I began to notice the unique difference in people's personalities as they grew into young adults. The process varies from person to person like all psychological studies will say. Each person reacts in different ways depending on the level of there social consciousness and the environment they have adapted to. As a young person growing up I realized that social anxiety and depression were common in the mind of an adolescent. This is why I found it very bizarre that people my age we're starting to cope with their issues via psychiatric drugs. Even as far back as grade five I remember close friends being prescribed drugs like Ritalin and Ativan, not even knowing the reason they were using these pharmacuticals I also noticed a significant change in many of my friends personalities while they were on these drugs. I recall giving my close friend D. a specific name change when he was using Ritalin. He described the feeling as being 'emotionless' and 'feeling like a robot all day.'

As time went on, the increase in what were called conditions among my peers sky rocketed. By the time I was in the Tenth grade I had already dealt with a number of suicides in my social circle along with many people leaving town or even being hospitalized for their quote conditions. What was the most intriguing aspect of all these ordeals was the time-line in which these phases progressed.

One specific case I recall, led to my close friend's sister being institutionalized after trying to commit suicide. This girl on the surface was a bright person who was very social and well liked. Though after seeing a doctor due to what I remember being described as a 'sleep problem' she was prescribed sleep medication. After about two weeks she began sleeping in longer hours and stopped going to school. After returning to school (forced by her Parents) she ran into problems because of the amount of tests and assignment she had missed. While coping with being far behind in school and now to tired to socialize because of her medication, she began developing a very hostile and negative additude. After going to the doctor, and describing her state she was then prescribed anti-depressants.

The same formula happened to my own Sister. As she was growing up she became developing an odd sleeping pattern. (Like any teenager does) After being prescribed sleep medication she began falling behind in school and developing a social angst. After issues with drugs and disputes with my parents my sister agreed to get on anti-depressants. This changed her personality drastically and many times she would disappear from my parents house for weeks at a time. After a large dispute with my parents my sister went 'off the deep end' and over dosed on sleeping pills purposely. She was hospitalized and stayed in treatment for about a week. After being released from the hospital my sister made a gradual recovery using therapy (a real treatment)

Now to take you to the realm of Zimbardo. During this time I noticed my mom was developing what she described as a 'weighing down feeling' and a 'tightness in the chest' We had just purchased a cottage and my parents were spending a lot of time there coping with my sisters illness. I remember a specific night my mother having a panic attack and having to drive back into town to go to the emergency room. My mom was prescribed anti-depressants to treat what was diagnosed as 'anxiety' (an emotion not an illness) After this I noticed a complete 180 in my mom's behaviour. She would have outburst of rage, would throw things, and even have breakdowns and cry. This was something I had never seen my mother do until recently being prescribed these drugs. This was also very strange because my mother seemed to have some how 'caught' my sisters condition only from being exposed to the state my sister was in.

Now what justified all three of these cases and the countless amounts among my peers that are ever increasing is the ideology of a 'chemical imbalance' in the brain. Doctors will diagnose countless conditions and prescribe numerous amounts of pharmaceuticals in one day, only on the premise of a 'chemical imbalance.' Any type of odd behaviour is now describe through this theory. A theory that can easily be compared to Benjamin Rush's theory of 'insanity being caused by too much blood in the head' and can be healed in a process called 'blottering' which drained blood from the brain through a hole in the skull, this treatment killed many of his patients, though Benjimin Rush to this day is the SEAL of the American Psychiatric Association.

What does this say about psychiatry ? The simple facts are that the 'chemical imbalance' in a theory with a mass amount of holes in it. New tests of the brain and heart show a relation between the coherence between the pulse of your heart and the electro magnetic pulse of your brain. It is argued that this is the true source of raw emotion and most psychological disorders are caused by an inner conflict effecting ones health due to stress or physical health issues. See HeartMath

The cold hard truth is that the 'chemical imbalance ideology' is an absolute fraud. And it is sucking everyday people dry of there real true emotions, there health coverage and there well being a human being. No biological test to this date can prove the relevance of a 'chemical imbalance' Though this is not a widely known fact, because of the parameters surrounding the FDA, the Pharmacuticle Companies, and the Phsychiatrists themselves.



And too take you to the twighlight zone.
Could it be possible that not only do these medications create physcriatric problems but they are the actual 'chemical' cause ? Yes. It could be.
It is well documented that Prozac along with other 'MAOI DRUGS' have a long history of causing outburst and violence. Along with that, the condition known as akathisia, which is described as 'wanting to climb out of your own skin.'



As the eugenics movement carries on, we are seeing that new technologies are allowing the ones at the helm of the industry are creating toxic, mind altering, controlling concaucsions that are steering our society into a dark shadow of dependent individuals. Dependent on being in a depressed state.

No comments: